Monday, November 15, 2010

Letter To My Parents


From 30 Days


Dear Mom & Dad,

It has been a while since you both left. It hasn't been easy not having you around anymore.

You weren’t dotting parents and you never stuck your nose in my business or told me what to do. You always figured that it was my life, and I was supposed to figure it out on my own.

You led by example and you set some pretty high standards. You two were that base, that foundation that I could always rely on.

Now that foundation is gone. I thought it would always be there, but now all that is left of you is packed away in cardboard boxes in the garage. You didn’t horde a lot of stuff, but what you left behind was precious.

You gave me the mortor and bricks to build my own foundation. But I have my doubts that it will be as solid and long lasting as yours.

You gave me a compass and pointed toward the horizon. Yet, no matter how far I traveled, I could always look back and see you. I thought you would always be there. Now I look back and you are gone and I lament that fact that I will never see you again.

Thanks for setting me on the journey. You gave me the tools and the directions. I can’t wait to see where it all leads.

Thanks.....thanks a bunch.

Miss You.


Lotus07

2 comments:

  1. This definitely brings tears to my eyes...I, too, miss them. I wish I could have gotten to know your father more, but thankfully I got 5 good years with your mom.

    ReplyDelete