Monday, October 20, 2014

The Life and Times of Cherry Ames - Part 13

Cherry_Ames_13

Dear Diary,

Well, it is now 1956 and thanks to Roland’s influence before he died, I got promoted to a senior position at Our Lady of Mercy Hospital so that I could give ‘special’ attention to Roland on his death bed.  That man was frisky till the end, let me tell you.  

With Sally starting grade school and Sam being a little terror, I can sure use the extra money.  Only problem is, now I have to train and instruct all the Candy Stripers that they hire here.  I am sure that they call me ‘Nurse Bitch’ behind my back, but I don’t care.  I have paid my dues.  Lets see what they are like after bandaging burns in the Ozarks or changing bed pans on a desert islands.  

More later……

(inspired by a series of book covers I found on Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment