Friday, October 3, 2014

The Life and Times of Cherry Ames - Part 2

Cherry_Ames_2

Dear Diary,

Well, it is now 1934 and since Robert Holbert dumped me just before graduation am hoping that this year will bring better things than 1933.  I know how to take a temperature both orally and rectally, I know the best way to keep my stupid hat pinned to my hair and I can read a doctor's handwriting.   So far, nursing isn’t quite what I thought it would be.  There is a lot of standing and everyone complains!

I have been at the clinic for a few weeks now and the one thing that they did not teach me in nursing school was how to make good coffee and where to buy the doctors their booze and cigarettes.  So much for caring for the sick and the infirm!  Doctors are such pansies!!!   At least I am not wearing those damn candy stripes anymore.  Those were just a signal for every orderly to grab my ass.

As soon as my internship is over at this dump I am out of here.  There have to be better places to find a job and a man than this place.

More later……

(inspired by a series of book covers I found on Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment