Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The Life and Times of Cherry Ames - Part 5

Cherry_Ames_5

Dear Diary,

Well, it is now 1939 and since Rondo Hupalongo dumped me just after the Luau I am hoping that this year will bring better things than 1938.  “Sun Burn People”….it does not take that long to get over exposed.  Geez, hats and long sleeves, is that so hard to remember?  If I could invent some type of lotion that prevented sunburn I could retire a millionaire.  Rich people that take cruises are IDIOTS!

There are only three types of things to treat on an ocean liner.  Sea sickness, allergic reactions to odd food and the dreaded sunburn.  All that nurse training is sure paying off on this boat.  I wish everyone would just stay in their cabin until we dock at homeport!  While the sunsets are pretty and tropical islands inviting, all that time spent in between the two is BORING.  Let me off this tub!

I am considering changing careers.  Evidently nursing isn’t quite what I thought it would be.  I thought I would help people and meet nice men.  Wrong and wrong!  When this boat ends it’s journey and I getting off and heading toward new horizons.

More later……

(inspired by a series of book covers I found on Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment