Friday, October 10, 2014

The Life and Times of Cherry Ames - Part 7

Cherry_Ames_10

Dear Diary,

Well, it is now 1942 and since those stupid Japs decided to start a war, I am now ‘stuck’ in the Army with no way out.  Talk about work and stress.  The doctors don’t even say please, they just bark orders and I still have to make coffee and get booze and cigarettes for them.  

They are sending me overseas to deal with real casualties.  I wish I had stayed on the dude ranch.  Something tells me that 1943 and 1944 are not going to be great years.

The new Army uniforms are brown.  Brown is my least favorite color and it makes me look awful!  It looks like they will be sending me to the Pacific Theater, which means more muggy days, time spent on ships and those damn palm trees.  Didn’t I just leave this circus?


More later……

(inspired by a series of book covers I found on Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment