Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Life and Times of Cherry Ames - Part 11

Cherry_Ames_11

Dear Diary,

Well, it is now 1952 and it appears that war is good for the nursing business.  Now that MacArthur is storming across Korea and about to start WWIII with China, the VA came calling and how could I refuse.  Actually, I wanted to refuse, but damn, raising children is expensive.  Now that Samuel has joined Sally, baby sitters aren’t cheap.

The job isn’t too tough, since most of what we do is warehouse old soldiers that are missing one or more body parts.  It would be nice if the government could find something for them to do besides sit around all day and take morphine, but I have learned not to buck the system.  I just keep my head down and deliver the milk and cookies.  

More later……

(inspired by a series of book covers I found on Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment