Saturday, September 19, 2015

Cinema Cycle - Heat


CINEMA CYCLE
(Cardio Workout And Reviewing Movies At The Same Time)

35756.jpg
Screenshot_2015-09-18-07-54-03.jpg




DATE VIEWED: 09/18/2015

TITLE: Heat

FORMAT: LaserDisc

TIME RIDDEN / FILM LENGTH: 1 hour 44 minutes

DISTANCE RIDDEN WHILE VIEWING: 24.1 miles

TOTAL CINEMA MILES LOGGED: 2741.9 miles

SYNOPSIS: Tough guy with a heart of gold protects his friends from ruthless gangsters in 1970s Las Vegas

CONCEPT IN RELATION TO THE VIEWER:  The lonely every-man with demons that he must eventually confront.  Tight pants make the man (in the 1970s)

PROS AND CONS: Initially, I didn’t think this was going to be very good movie.  I tried to tell myself that before he got totally self absorbed in “Smokey and the Bandit, Parts 1, 2, 3, 4….Burt Reynolds was actually a pretty big movie star.  So I was hoping for some work from his glory days.  

Which is what I got.  Burt in his prime.  Only problem is, that his prime was pretty awful by today’s standards. The film starts slow and jerky, but settles into some interesting character development and plot.  

However, by the time the last 30 minutes arrive, it degenerates into typical Mano-y-Mano machismo kick ass contest.  The ending is almost schmaltzy with everyone happy and their inner demons purged (yawn). 


To read an overview of this project, check out this status posting.  

This film is a part of my LaserDisc Collection.

Clicking on the title will take you to the Internet Movie Database (IMDB) entry for this film. 

This film was viewed while exercising on my recumbent cycle.  A summary of my time spent working out on my journey through movie-land can be found on Strava.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment