Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Letter To R. Buckmunster Fuller


From 30 Days


Hey Bucky,

I don’t recall how I stumbled on to you. It must have been sometime back in college when I was in my ‘life discovery’ phase. I recall having a copy of “Synergetics”, which I could never fathom, along with a copy of “Grunch of Giants”.

‘Grunch’ was probably the first adult book I ever read. It took me out of the rigid thinking that I had grown up with and stated, “Hey, there is a different way to do things.”.

Just because we have done this all through history doesn't mean that it is the best way to do things. Sometimes, we as humans, get it wrong and don’t realize it.

This opened up a whole new world for me. It also set me on a course that I would otherwise have probably never found.

Sometimes, I don’t know how you could have put up with all the inefficiency and chaos around you. However, you realized that it was better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. You planted the seeds and assumed that others would notices the sprouts and the flowers. You were right.

You were a beacon, and a bright one at that.

Thanks a lot ‘Trimtab’. We are all changing the course, ...... slowly.


Lotus07

No comments:

Post a Comment