Friday, October 17, 2014

The Life and Times of Cherry Ames - Part 12

Cherry_Ames_12

Dear Diary,

Well, it is now 1954 and thank god for Roland Hammersmith, my new benefactor.  A word of advice, if you are going to treat veterans, treat the generals and admirals, they have more connections.  They also have the clout to get placed in real care facilities and not the snake pits that the VA administers.  

Such was my luck.  Roland took me with him when he was discharged from Bethesda and now I get to work in a swanky retirement home where I don’t make the coffee, I pour the champagne!  Maybe a sugar daddy is the way to go.  Sally and Sam even take to calling him Uncle Roland.  If they only knew!

More later……

(inspired by a series of book covers I found on Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment