Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Life and Times of Cherry Ames - Part 9

Cherry_Ames_6

Dear Diary,

Well, it is now 1948 and it appears that there was more than one ‘aboriginal princess’ in the outback.  Men are bastards, always have been.  Only now life is more complicated since I have Sally in tow.  She is a sweet child, but I will make sure that bastard down under never sees her again.  

So I am back in the big city, but this time I have finally stepped up.  I am the head nurse at Bloomingdales!  Not only is the job easy (usually a fall down the stars or a needle lancing someones finger in the dressing rooms) but I get an employee discount!  Super Sweet.  

My father passed away from cirrhosis of the liver last year and my Catholic mother still refuses to talk to me since the divorce.  But things are looking up.  I am certain that Mr. Right is out there waiting for me somewhere.

More later……

(inspired by a series of book covers I found on Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment