Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Life and Times of Cherry Ames - Part 1

Cherry_Ames_1

Dear Diary,

Well, it is now 1932 and since Ronnie Holfersted dumped me just before the school dance I am hoping that this year will bring better things than 1931.  Mother still has the bad back and father is still battling with the bottle so what am I supposed to do?  

Well, I am going to nursing school!  Mrs. Haversack at the high school says that my grades are good enough to get me into the school at Lawrence and I am getting out of this one horse town and going to see the world.  

I will get to make my own money and wear a spiffy uniform!  And you know what they say about nurses, they get to meet lots of boys!  Some might even be doctors!  Be still my beating heart!  I am going to be Nurse Ames.  Look out world, here I come!

More later……

(inspired by a series of book covers I found on Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment