Saturday, January 21, 2012

Not A Resolution

...more of an experiment. Since most New Years resolutions have already faded from memory along with most of the 2011 Holiday season, now is the time for me to make a commitment. It will just be a test. A trial if you will. Since going off the grid a few months back (the wife and I don't watch broadcast media anymore) life has improved somewhat. Gone are the stress and anxiety causing commercials and news stories that were brainwashing us. Well, almost. Even online, the media reaches out to warp my sense of normalcy and correctness (I am still seeing pictures of the cruise ship Costa Concordia over a week after it happened!)

So I am going to try a 30 day experiment. NO NEWS. I am not going to read it, watch it, or listen to it until February 20th. This may be a bit of a challenge, considering how hard they try to get into our heads thru every possible medium. If I can make it, I think I will find the world in just about the same place that I left it. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. the no-news experiment sounds very healthy, a very good vacation for the mind, I mean, after all, what can we watchers of news do but stress about them, is not like we can fix those news that usually already happened, I hope you and your wife can feel more relaxed, and I will take the experiment into consideration myself; although I try not to watch news too much, just in the morning while getting ready, mostly for the weather, but in San Diego we have beautiful weather most of the time anyway! Good luck and see you on the next non-news post

    ReplyDelete