Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Cinema Cycle - Memories of Me



CINEMA CYCLE
(Cardio Workout And Reviewing Movies At The Same Time)




DATE REVIEWED: 12/13/2017




FORMAT: Laserdisc


TIME RIDDEN / FILM LENGTH: 104 minutes


DISTANCE RIDDEN WHILE VIEWING: 23.2 miles


TOTAL CINEMA MILES LOGGED: 8241.2 miles




SYNOPSIS: An surgeon attempts to reconnect with his estranged father after having a heart attack. 

CONCEPT IN RELATION TO THE VIEWER: Rehashing the ‘Borscht-Belt’ routines of east coast Jewish entertainers from the 1950s. 

PROS AND CONS: This was a ‘groaner’ of a film to exercise through. By the end of it I was reading the news and checking my email. 

The production value was not bad, neither was the acting or direction. However, unless you grew up in the Bronx in a Jewish family and had parent issues, the audience will find little to engage in here. 

More of a homage to Alan King’s standup routines, the pre-canned one liners that go flying back and forth become tedious. If Mr. King was my father I would not want to have much to do with him either. 

To read an overview of this project, check out this status posting.  


This film is a part of my LaserDisc Collection.

Clicking on the title will take you to the Internet Movie Database (IMDB) entry for this film. 

This film was viewed while exercising on my recumbent cycle.  A summary of my time spent working out on my journey through movie-land can be found on Strava.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment