Thursday, July 30, 2015

Cinema Cycle - Meet The Beavers


CINEMA CYCLE
(Cardio Workout And Reviewing Movies At The Same Time)

Screenshot 2015-07-29 at 8.53.43 AM.png
Screenshot_2015-07-29-08-40-11.jpg

DATE VIEWED: 07/29/2015


FORMAT: Streaming (Google Play)

TIME RIDDEN / FILM LENGTH: 1 hour 11 minutes

DISTANCE RIDDEN WHILE VIEWING: 17 miles

TOTAL CINEMA MILES LOGGED: 2233.9 miles

SYNOPSIS: First time attendees at the Burning Man Festival document their journey at a theme camp run by lesbians.  

CONCEPT IN RELATION TO THE VIEWER: Finding yourself is much easier when you strip away society’s stigmas and are accepting of those around you.

PROS AND CONS: A little background here.  This is one of the streaming videos that I cued up on my random media viewing generator.  I added streaming media to Cinema Cycle early on because there are a lot of great films out there that will never make it onto cable or into movie theaters.  From time to time I browse iTunes and Google Play to see if anything new peaks my interest and add it to my spreadsheet.  That is where I ran across ‘Meet The Beavers’.

A little more background.  I am a “Burner”.  While I don’t use the moniker much, I have been to the event 5 times so I guess I am qualified to use the term.  There are a lot of films about Burning Man out there.  It is a very cinematic event.  However, as this film points out, filming Burning Man does not really explain what it is.  It isn’t a thing, it is state of mind and place in the universe.  So, with that in mind, this was a very good film.

This film focus more on the transitory nature of the event and how it affects those that attend.  To be sure there is a lot of promiscuity and nudity in this film as there is at Burning Man, but that eventually fades into the background as you start to hear the stories of the burners.  


To read an overview of this project, check out the initial post for this series.

Clicking on the title will take you to the Internet Movie Database (IMDB) entry for this film. 

This film was viewed while exercising on my recumbent cycle.  A summary of my time spent working out on my journey through movie-land can be found on Strava.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment