Monday, April 14, 2014

Cinema Cycle - The Cycling Experience



CINEMA CYCLE
(Cardio Workout And Watching Movies At The Same Time)





DATE: 04/14/2014


TITLE: The Cycling Experience: California


FORMAT: LaserDisc


SYNOPSIS: I am starting a project to systematically go through my entire video collection, while exercising on my recumbent exercise cycle.  While doing so I will review the film / media and track my progress both daily and cumulatively on various social media.  


CONCEPT IN RELATION TO THE VIEWER: A long term project that has endless possibilities.  The possibility of finding out about some films and documentaries that you have never heard of before, along with the ability to be amazed at just how far I ride and workout (or not).  This first installment is a test to see how the whole system works.  The first video is actually a cycling video meant to be viewed while you are riding an exercise bike (what a concept!).  While interesting on the first viewing, it would probably get old after repeated viewings.


My progress as well as other related links to this project can be found at the bottom of the page.  It will be cross posted to various social media sites as well as my blog and my Strava exercise account.


PROS AND CONS: The cons, some of the films that I have are not that great.  I have over 1600 laserdics along with some documentary series on VHS.  They will be picked at random using a function on an excel spreadsheet that contains all of my media.  The quality of the film being reviewed is like throwing dice.  Or in the words of Forrest Gump, “you never know what you’re going to get”.


The pros are that I will be taking better care of myself and hopefully graduating to a really nice road going recumbent bike if I can convince myself to stick with it.  


TIME RIDDEN: 50:10


DISTANCE RIDDEN: 10 miles


TOTAL MILES LOGGED: 10 miles


This film is a part of my LaserDisc Collection which is located on the LaserDisc Database

Clicking on the title will take you to the Internet Movie Database (IMDB) entry for this film. (not applicable for this entry)

This film was viewed while exercising on my recumbent cycle.  A summary of my time spent working out on my journey through movie-land can be found on Strava.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment