Friday, September 23, 2011

Cardio Media - 1

From BLOGS_IMAGES


Destination Gobi - Movie

Exercise Machine - Treadmill

Distance Traveled - 3.5 miles

Calories Burned while watching - Approx. 500



A guy movie from the 1950s. This was an odd film that I downloaded from the internet. A rather strange tale of a bunch of navy sailors stationed at a weather station in the Gobi Desert of Mongolia during WWII. Supposedly based on a 'true' story about 300 saddles that were ordered by the sailors to befriend Mongolian horsemen. The film is Saturday Matinee fair, with all men, doing manly things and eventually escaping back to the U.S. Fleet with the help of Mongols. I was surprised to find out that it was directed by Robert Wise, one of my all time favorite directors, although I would not rank this high on my list of his best films.

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of this one but it looks interesting.

    I'm one of those who watches TV or catches a flick while on the treadmill too- it makes the time on the machine go that much quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this one i have never heard of..

    ReplyDelete