Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dog Days Of Summer


From BLOGS_IMAGES


Just a quick note to let all of you know that I am still alive and breathing out here in cyber-space (you do care don’t you?).

Things have been busy, which is nothing new. There are too many irons in my fire to count here, but I will be trying to document them in the future when the fire dies down.

The employment picture continues to be surreal but my long term readers knows that this isn’t anything new. But the level of the surreal-ness never ceases to astound me these days.

The wife and I are engaged in numerous household upgrades and projects. There will be a bunch of pictures posted to document all this upgradeable goodness when all the projects are done. However, it might be the end of the summer before all the dust settles.

In the meantime, I have been reading a lot of books and watching a lot of movies, because with the average temperature outside hovering at around 108 degrees (115 today), I am not in the mood to do a lot of yard work.

The books include "Catcher In The Rye" and Sarah Palin's "Going Rogue". Also unearthed some old journals that I wrote back in the early to mid-90s. Will be going through some of those in the future and posting some interesting tidbits. Boy have I and times changed.

The wife took me on a mystery date to the ‘iPic Theater’ in Scottsdale, Arizona last weekend, which was very interesting. This is an upper end movie theater with sofa seating, your own waitress who brings you food and drinks (wooo whooo Merlot) during the movie. Not cheap, but a fun thing to do. We watched Pixar’s “Cars-2”. If you liked the first one, you would like this one. But don’t expect anything really, really deep.

Watched “Albino Alligator” on Laserdisc a few weeks ago. A little known film by Kevin Spacey, starring Matt Dillon and Faye Dunaway. I have to admit it was interesting. Not a great film and bit implausible, but it made you think and had a very interesting ending.

So stay tuned for the long line of project blogs that I will be posting in the coming weeks, so you can marvel at all the handy work that my wife and I have lined up for this summer.

4 comments:

  1. I've been keeping journals/diaries since I was a wee one! It's always a blast reading them.

    That's a really cool movie theater- we don't have anything like that up here. The last film I watched: Super 8. Loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home improvement make my butt itch. Bleh.

    Glad you're still 'with us'. It's difficult to properly stalk someone so far away.

    Stay cool Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing what people do to improve their homes. Take plenty of Before and After photos.

    Here people become big crybabies when it hits 93 degrees. I like to remind them that at least it isn't snowing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I slept through a lot of the first cars movie, so the second one I could probably miss. But the theater sounds really neat!

    ReplyDelete