Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hitting The Pause Button



Time To Reflect


I have noticed a lot of exceptional bloggers have stopped. They have posted their fairwells and have gone on to bigger and better things. As most of them say, all good things come to an end. That me be true. Unless things change, we never really grow.

I like to think that there will be others that will take their place. Those that reach out to share, spread some humor and give the rest of us insight. It keeps nagging at me that the global conciousness and community that the Interent promised us in its infancy may yet come to pass. And way down deep, I hope some of the good ones return once they have sown their wild oats and walked the razors edge. If nothing else this blogging thing is a hopeful endeavor.

As for me, I won't be going anywhere soon. As many have said, this is cheaper than therapy and in some ways, I see this whole long process as my epitath. But instead of a small stone in the corner of the cemetery, I get a whole life time and a million words to tell those that come after me where I have been and what I have seen. At least I like to think so.

But I won't be around much for the forseeable future. At least the next few weeks. Things have arisen in my family life that we all must endure, birth, living and death all force us to take a break and give pause from time to time. Such is the case with me. But I will be back with more stories to tell. Until then, keep on writing. Although most of you may not know it....you give me strength.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree: writing is great therapy. It can be a great release. Your last sentence was so lovely.

    Stay strong lotus and whatever it is you're going through I send you good vibes and just know that things always have a way of working themselves out in the end.

    P.S. I am one exceptional blogger that has not stopped blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. couldnt agree more. it always makes me sad when one of my blogging "staples" decides to fold it up and move on. its happened alot lately.

    hope everything is going ok in your part of the world...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thinking of you & sending my best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bruce! Remember me?!?! I was just poking around some of my old posts, clicking commenters' links and finding that some of the people who used to follow me no longer have active blogs. And lo and behold, I clicked on you and found a post talking about that very same thing.

    I miss some of the bloggers I used to read. I wonder what they're up to now.

    Good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete