Thursday, March 18, 2010

I Have Had Enough Of This!



Wake Up People!!!


This has not been a good day. I spent the majority of last night in the hospital emergency room with my ailing mother. This is the 4th trip to the E.R. this year and it probably won't be the last. To say that I am having grave doubts about the American system of 'Managed Health Care' is an understatement right now.

So I slept in from 6am till Noon today and then stumbled into the office half awake to find this e-mail in my inbox from an old co-worker that I used to work with. Mind you, he is good guy and I respect him, but this was just not the day to be sending this to me.

I have seen a barrage of these types of e-mails since Barrak Obama became president and it is starting to concern me a lot. I have this creeping sensation, that the American Religious Right Wing is starting to go Nazi on us. So I just sort of let loose on this one. My response sort of speaks for itself.

(I probably won't be writing a lot of blogs in the coming weeks or months, but I will be reading yours....sometimes, they are the only things that keep me sane.)

=========THE EMAIL AND MY RESPONSE============

USPS New 44-Cent Stamp Celebrates a Muslim holiday.
If there is only ONE thing you forward today... let it be this!

President Obama has directed the United States Postal Service to REMEMBER and HONOR the EID MUSLIM holiday season with a new commemorative 44-Cent First Class Holiday Postage Stamp.

REMEMBER to adamantly & vocally BOYCOTT this stamp, when you are purchasing your stamps at the post office.

All you have to say is "No thank you, I do not want that Muslim Stamp on my letters!"


To use this stamp would be a slap in the face to all those AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp honors.
REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of Pan Am Flight 103!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine Barracks in Lebanon !

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Military Barracks in Saudi Arabia !

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa !

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on 9/11/2001 !

REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM attacks!

Pass this along to every Patriotic American that you know and get the word out!
Honor the United States of America !


========MY RESPONSE=========

I am becoming more and more concerned about these types of viral e-mails that I have been receiving from individuals that appear to be either ‘duped’ by the radical right wing elements of this country, or are just excepting what they see and hear on television and the internet as fact. This is akin to seeing the 60s television comedy “Bewitched” and believing that the pretty and perky new next door neighbor is really a witch.

After initially looking at this chain letter e-mail it was evident to me that this was not a U.S. issue stamp. It is a ‘Razzle’ stamp that can be ordered by anyone and approved by the U.S.P.S. Anyone can make their own postage stamps, with Mickey Mouse to George Bush on it, and put it on a letter. It is perfectly legal.

A further investigation of this issue on www.snopes.com reveals that the original stamp was produced by the U.S.P.S. long before 911 and long before Barrack Obama was even in the Senate, much less politics. It celebrates a ‘feel good holiday’ of the Muslim religion, similar to Valentine’s day or Easter.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/stamps/eidstamp.asp

The hyperactive and scare tactic right wing elements of this country want to twist and spin this into an “everything Muslim is evil” mindset and then trick the nation into believing it is true. If this is the case, shouldn’t we ban all “Cinco De Mayo” stamps, since those dirty Mexicans invaded our country back in the 1800! What about those disgusting “Hello Kitty” stamps that were inspired by the Japanese….hell, they bombed Pearl Harbor.

I had always assumed that Americans had learned the lessons taught by the spin doctors of fascism like Joseph Goebbels and Benito Mussolini, but it appears that I may be wrong. This type of character assassination is no different than the Ku Klux Klan without the hoods and the cross burnings. I no longer see politics in this country as a united group that agrees to disagree on occasion as they work toward the common good of the people. This is subterfuge and hate mongering in the digital age, on a global scale.

Wake up people, and don’t believe everything that the talking heads on the television tell you and that everything you get in your e-mail inbox is true. The world is full of liars and cheaters. Your first task is to honestly exam everything you are told by others and weigh it against common sense and any alternate truths that may be out there.

I would have no problem using this stamp. It is a stamp for Christ’s sake! It doesn’t represent Muslim’s killing babies with rusty knives. … wake up!

3 comments:

  1. Amen to you! I get a daily dose of forwarded email notes with dubious content. Sheesh! You're right, that grey matter is there for a reason.

    Thinking of you - take care. Thanks for your funny & nice comments too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You really vented and let loose in this post!

    Hey those Hello Kitty stamps are considered a collector's item!!

    P.S. About your mom, frequent trips to the ER, I've been through that process myself. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, so sorry to hear about your trips to ER with your sick mom. My thoughts are with you

    ReplyDelete