Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Love Karma



Porcupine Collector


I got to see a funny thing on my walk to work yesterday. I left for the gym at around 5am and it was still pitch black outside.

As I walked through our sleeping neighborhood, I passed a house that had recently been rented by the owners who were out of town on extended family business. The new renter has a huge dooley pickup truck and a smaller tow truck that he parks on the street. I knew from previous walks by his house that his line of work is a Repo-Man. His tow truck say "Allstate Recovery Systems" on the drivers door. Not the kind of name you would give to a local auto mechanic.

So as I passed the rental property in the early morning twilight, there was the tow truck and attached to it's hitch, with its rear wheels off the ground, was a brand new $70,000 Porsche Carrera. The Repo-Man had probably been stalking it for days.

If you need an indicator of how bad the economy is getting, there is an investment banker or real estate agent in Scottsdale, Arizona that is probably missing his 'ride' because of the plunging stock market.

The old joke about Porsche's is; "Whats the difference between a porcupine and a Porsche? Porcupines have their pricks on the outside. There is evidently one prick in Arizona that couldn't make his $600 a month car payment, who is now riding the bus.


(In all fairness, I own an exotic sports car as well, but mine is paid for. People that live within their means are usually not pricks.)

7 comments:

  1. That was nasty but incredibly funny!!!

    I have a riddle on my blog and so far no one can figure out the answer. Can you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ the vs joke.

    "Dude, where's my car?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooi - poor prick. That's a great joke - never heard it before. It rings remarkably true though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't lotus the type of car you drive?

    Interesting joke there.

    ;)

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that porshe joke. lol

    I feel sorry for people like that - but some people ONLY learn the hard way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly what Cocaine Princess said.

    And is your car red?

    ReplyDelete