Monday, October 6, 2008

The Alternate View



Look Over My Shoulder


I have often wondered why some folks have more than one blog. I am one of those people that like to keep things neat and organized. Scattering thoughts across cyberspace in multiple places doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Times change however and so do our abilities and the ways we see and use technology. So I am opening up another blog. It will be vastly different from this one. It is called The Alternate View and will be nothing but content from my cell phone. Where ever I go, you can tag along with me.

After reading enough works by other bloggers, I have learned that I have to constantly make an effort to see the beauty in my world. Art is all around us, but it is something that you have to critically look for in order to be able to see it. With that concept in mind, I have decided to use my cell phone as a paintbrush.

The posts to this blog will be simple and direct. Hypocrisy will soldier on as before, unchanged. I just felt that it was time to branch out a bit more. The format and graphics on The Alternate View are still being worked out and may go through a bit more tweaking over the next 30 days or so but the content and focus will remain the same. I hope it distracts you for about 10 seconds each day.

6 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the new blog. I have two blogs on my own (the one you are familiar with and my Beer-Eyed Blog) and another I contribute to (Moviegrenade). The beer blog and the movie blog are so specific that I don't mind having them separate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You disorganized, scattered thing. How can you possibly keep so much stuff going!??

    Look forward to it. And don't you dare eat my chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea - I will be sure to check out your new blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be an interesting change. If this enhances your "seeing" it will be well worth the trouble. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a follow up to this post, I watched the second presidential debate last night. I was looking forward to the answers to the final question of the night, "What don't you know and how are you going to learn it?". But true to political form in this country, neither candidate responded. They both just wandered off onto issues that had no relevancy to the question asked, because any true response would have painted them in a negative light. I rest my case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. one blog is good enough for me. plus, i don't know what i would put on another blog, so i just stick w/ pinkflower (which, btw, it was a super random name that popped in my mind.. i didn't even bother thinking about it cause i didn't think i was going to keep it for this long lol)

    ReplyDelete