Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pushing The Limit



A Little Status Update

Things have been busy in and around the old Hypocrisy Blog. So much so, that I have not been reading some of my fellow bloggers in as timely a manner as I have in the past. Rest assured, I will keep up, but it might take me a while.

Since the 'upgrade' of my blog several weeks ago and with the worsening economic situation in the country, I have been kept much busier at my job since there are less of us here to do more work. Social welfare cases usually sky-rocket in hard times and conversely, governments always cut social work staff in hard times. Those that are left often end up pulling double duty just to keep their jobs.

So in order to keep my head above water, I am going to limit the number of other blogs that I follow. This isn't big deal, since I have always kept the number of blogs in my 'blogroll' at a relatively static level. There are about 30 of them over there on the right and I realistically can't follow more than that. If someone stumbles across my blog and leaves a comment, I will definitely check them out and if I find them interesting, I might start following them. But for those of you that have made it onto my blogroll, you are within the inner sanctum and you are golden.

For those of you 'lurkers' that come here (and you KNOW who you are) you should really check out some of the blogs on the blogroll.

Slyde, Earl, Krista, Meghan, Princess, Maureen and Mrs. Hall (to name a few) will give you an interesting slant on life in general and make you realize that you are not the only one that thinks the way you do. This shit happens to all of us.

On other fronts, I have been tinkering with and updating most of my other work on the net which you may not have noticed recently. The dedicated readers that follow "The Alternate View", know that my camera phone never ceases to find interesting things in my world to document.

If you have not checked out "The Project Blog" yet, you should. It documents all the things that fill up my weekend to the limit. By documenting what I do, it gives me some satisfaction to actually realize that I AM getting something done.

I have been updating and flushing out the "Focal Plane" photo blog over at Go-Daddy. This will be the repository for my black & white film that I shoot and develop. Now that I have my Speed Graphic refurbished with a new lens (look for that to be documented on "The Project Blog" in the near future) I hope to be finally hitting my stride in the dark room.

The wife and I will be heading down to Mexico this weekend with the new addition to our family (our Great Dane Chella) for some much needed R&R and to hopefully see (and photograph) 120lbs of dog frolicking in the surf. Hope to see you all next week with stories and pictures from south of the border.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for the nod... have a great trip down South! Can't wait to see and hear all about it (but I shall be patient)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun in Mexico- and don't get into any green cabs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time. Sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i get a lot of calls about welfare and food stamps, at first it was very upsetting, now i try for it to not get to me.

    but yeah, we're all busy busy if we want money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for keeping me around! Have a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats for the blog love....

    for what its worth, i try to do the same thing. I keep the blogs i follow at around 30... any more than that and my head might explode..

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is hard to keep up with all blogs on a blogroll. I mean, you would not have more than thirty friends you visit in a week - you have to spread the contact out over time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why do I always feel like I have to apologize when I'm slow visiting, but I don't think anyone else should have to? I don't feel like you should have to. And I feel SO privileged to be "golden." =)

    I LOVE Great Danes.

    I wish I could limit my blog following to 30. I guess I can do anything I want, but that's another story!

    ReplyDelete