Monday, August 14, 2017

Cinema Cycle - Misery



CINEMA CYCLE
(Cardio Workout And Reviewing Movies At The Same Time)


Misery (1990)
File_000.jpg


DATE REVIEWED: 08/14/2017


TITLE:. Misery


FORMAT: Laserdisc


TIME RIDDEN / FILM LENGTH: 1 hour 55 minutes


DISTANCE RIDDEN WHILE VIEWING: 23 miles


TOTAL CINEMA MILES LOGGED: 7250 miles


SYNOPSIS: A novelist is held captive and tortured by a deranged fan.  


CONCEPT IN RELATION TO THE VIEWER: Celebrity and the price you pay for it.  We have all known a psychopath at least once in our lives.  This reminds us of that.


PROS AND CONS:  I originally thought this was going to be a boring Cinema Cycle since the horror genre is not really my thing.  I was surprised how entertaining it was once it got going.  


I doubt there is much argument that Kathy Bates deserved her Oscar for her performance here.  She has the deranged / crazy ex-spouse down perfectly.  She is actually creepy to watch on screen, similar to Nurse Rachet in “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest”.  


Although I had seen it before, I didn’t recall just how riveting the last 20 minutes of the film were.  The final scene of the film adds an eerie twist the tale of the author and his concept of stardom and fame.



To read an overview of this project, check out this status posting.  


This film is a part of my LaserDisc Collection.

Clicking on the title will take you to the Internet Movie Database (IMDB) entry for this film. 

This film was viewed while exercising on my recumbent cycle.  A summary of my time spent working out on my journey through movie-land can be found on Strava.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment