Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Cinema Cycle - Bed of Roses


CINEMA CYCLE
(Cardio Workout And Reviewing Movies At The Same Time)

File_000.jpeg
File_000.jpg

DATE REVIEWED: 08/25/2017

TITLE:. Bed of Roses

FORMAT: Laserdisc

TIME RIDDEN / FILM LENGTH: 1 hour 30 minutes

DISTANCE RIDDEN WHILE VIEWING: 20.5 miles

TOTAL CINEMA MILES LOGGED: 7348.7 miles

SYNOPSIS: A successful career girl with family issues meets Mr. Perfect.

CONCEPT IN RELATION TO THE VIEWER: Trying to address some of the psychological issues that afflict modern single women.

PROS AND CONS:  I was expecting a romantic comedy based on the cover and liner notes.  What I got was a romantic drama with very implausible situations and motivations.

Mind you, this is a well made film.  Production value, acting, soundtrack are all very good.  The plot however seems simplistic and a bit to fairy-tale like.  

It may be because of my gender, but I never felt any sympathy for the female lead in the film.  She came across as whiny and insecure.  Guys hate that in women.


To read an overview of this project, check out this status posting.  

This film is a part of my LaserDisc Collection.

Clicking on the title will take you to the Internet Movie Database (IMDB) entry for this film. 

This film was viewed while exercising on my recumbent cycle.  A summary of my time spent working out on my journey through movie-land can be found on Strava.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment