Monday, May 29, 2017

Cinema Cycle - Transformers


CINEMA CYCLE
(Cardio Workout And Reviewing Movies At The Same Time)

File_000.jpeg
File_000.jpg


DATE REVIEWED: 05/23/2017

TITLE: Transformers

FORMAT: HD-DVD

TIME RIDDEN / FILM LENGTH: 2 hours 24 minutes

DISTANCE RIDDEN WHILE VIEWING: 29.5 miles

TOTAL CINEMA MILES LOGGED: 6762 miles

SYNOPSIS: Robots come to earth and go at each other Mano-y-Mano for 2+ hours.

CONCEPT IN RELATION TO THE VIEWER: ‘What if my toys could destroy the world?, wouldn’t that be cool?”, said every boy at the age of eight.

PROS AND CONS:  My second Michael Bay movie in a week (see previous review of “The Island”).  Please, stop the explosions!

I wanted to like this film but I quickly got lost in the pre-puberty male fantasy that the movie instantly becomes.

There are several plot lines at work in this film.  Two are actually quiet interesting, the third is questionable and the fourth (with LaBeouf and Fox) is just a farce which appears to be edited in just to titillate the pre-pubescent lads.  


To read an overview of this project, check out this status posting.  

This film is a part of my LaserDisc Collection.

Clicking on the title will take you to the Internet Movie Database (IMDB) entry for this film. 

This film was viewed while exercising on my recumbent cycle.  A summary of my time spent working out on my journey through movie-land can be found on Strava.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment