Monday, December 19, 2016

Cinema Cycle - Oliver Twist


CINEMA CYCLE
(Cardio Workout And Reviewing Movies At The Same Time)

06838.jpg
File_000.png

DATE REVIEWED: 12/19/2016

TITLE: Oliver Twist

FORMAT: Laserdisc

TIME RIDDEN / FILM LENGTH: 2 hours

DISTANCE RIDDEN WHILE VIEWING: 29.8 miles

TOTAL CINEMA MILES LOGGED: 5836.7 miles

SYNOPSIS: The life of a young orphan in 1850’s London is chronicled.

CONCEPT IN RELATION TO THE VIEWER: Fate and the choices that we make to influence it.  Always be good to your dog.

PROS AND CONS:  An exceptional film on almost every level.  I am a huge David Lean fan and had not seen this film before.  I was pleasantly surprised at that I ended up watching.  

Everything about this film is spot on:  acting, cinematography, design, story, sound, soundtrack, it just all clicked to make a very good film viewing experience.

This appears to be the film (along with Great Expectations) where Lean really came into his own.  Much of the visual style of this film is almost surreal in its tone and scope.  In several scenes of the film, I paused the film just to take in the visual image.  


To read an overview of this project, check out this status posting.  

This film is a part of my LaserDisc Collection.

Clicking on the title will take you to the Internet Movie Database (IMDB) entry for this film. 

This film was viewed while exercising on my recumbent cycle.  A summary of my time spent working out on my journey through movie-land can be found on Strava.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment