Friday, December 23, 2016

Cinema Cycle - From the Earth to the Moon - Episode 1


CINEMA CYCLE
(Cardio Workout And Reviewing Movies At The Same Time)

Copy of FromTheEarthToTheMoon.jpg
File_000.png

DATE REVIEWED: 12/23/2016

TITLE: From The Earth To The Moon - Episode 1

FORMAT: DVD

TIME RIDDEN / FILM LENGTH: 1 hour 3 minutes

DISTANCE RIDDEN WHILE VIEWING: 15.6 miles

TOTAL CINEMA MILES LOGGED: 5884.4 miles

SYNOPSIS: The Mercury and Gemini Space Programs are chronicled.

CONCEPT IN RELATION TO THE VIEWER: When the nerds of the country were doing when Madmen was going happening on Madison Ave.  There was a time in this country when government could do anything.

PROS AND CONS:  A very well done series.  I had seen bits of it before, but not the whole thing from start to finish.  The series takes the interesting tack of presenting stories as small vignettes along a timeline.

You get to know the major players, but only in their relationship to the mission and not so much to each other or regarding any personal struggles that they may be having (although I think this is addressed later in the series).

I lived through these times and I must say, I miss them.  There was a can-do, optimistic vision of our future even though the world was falling down around us back then.  We have lost that somewhere in the intervening years.  


To read an overview of this project, check out this status posting.  

This film is a part of my LaserDisc Collection.

Clicking on the title will take you to the Internet Movie Database (IMDB) entry for this film. 

This film was viewed while exercising on my recumbent cycle.  A summary of my time spent working out on my journey through movie-land can be found on Strava.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment