Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Cinema Cycle - Pointer Sisters / So Excited



CINEMA CYCLE
(Cardio Workout And Reviewing Movies At The Same Time)


20863.jpg
Screenshot_2015-07-15-08-20-12.jpg

DATE VIEWED: 07/15/2015


TITLE: The Pointer Sisters / So Excited


FORMAT: LaserDisc (8” format)


TIME RIDDEN / FILM LENGTH: 29 minutes 52 seconds


DISTANCE RIDDEN WHILE VIEWING: 8.3 miles


TOTAL CINEMA MILES LOGGED: 2125.7 miles


SYNOPSIS:


Filmed Music Videos include:


  1. I'm So Excited
  2. Jump
  3. Dare Me
  4. Freedom
  5. Baby Come And Get It
  6. Back In My Arms
  7. Twist My Arm

CONCEPT IN RELATION TO THE VIEWER: African American Women Empowerment.  Between Disco and Rap there was music such as this.  


PROS AND CONS: An entertaining little time capsule.  Acts like this gave Ariana Grande and Miley Cyrus their start.  I can see Beyonce watching these videos as a child and dreaming of being them someday.


The group and their songs sing of joyful empowerment and being assertive.  Gone are the songs of waiting for love and here are the songs about women going out and finding it on their terms.  



To read an overview of this project, check out the initial post for this series.


This film is a part of my LaserDisc Collection.

Clicking on the title will take you to the Internet Movie Database (IMDB) entry for this film. 

This film was viewed while exercising on my recumbent cycle.  A summary of my time spent working out on my journey through movie-land can be found on Strava.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment