Friday, January 28, 2011

Quick Friday Update


From BLOGS_IMAGES


Unlike most of my well scripted and precisely thought out web log entries, this is just going to be a quick update. I know that sends gasps through my reading audience, who have come to expect my Hemingway style and James Joyce subtle wit, but this is Friday and I am in a hurry.

I want to comment on a couple of things. First of all, this whole civil disobidience thing in the Middle East that started out in Tunisia and appears to be rolling across the Arabian Peninsula like a Caterpillar tractor with no one at the controls. I had a sneaking suspicion that something like this was going to happen. I had this suspicion three years ago, in a blog I wrote called “New World Order”. Things are changing and they are changing much faster than old world governments can react to. This is going to be a different century. A much different century.

Next up are my ebay auctions. They will be over in a day or so, and I am somewhat dumbfounded by how they are going. At this rate, it looks as though all four of the items I put up for auction are going to sell. The one that I thought would garner the most interest hasn’t. The item that has garnered the most interest is the one I thought bidders would be least interested in. The most bids are for an item that started out with an opening bid of $1.99 and is now up to over $40.00! Watch out Donald Trump.

Finally, I got an e-mail this morning from some anonymous shit-head about someone that I read and comment on on-line. They must have gotten my e-mail address from a comment that I wrote on one of my friends blogs. The e-mail was a long documentary about how this friend was a convicted felon, had spent time in jail and was not remorseful for the heinous crimes they had committed. This sort of piggybacks onto my recent web log about ‘Whistle-Stabbing’ that ranted about how anonymous people come out of the shadows to dispense fear and doubt and then quickly disappear back into the darkness. I hate these scumbags. My response to them is below, although I doubt they will ever read it, since they have gone to ground again.

-------------

So what is the point of all this?

Vindictiveness?

She has paid her debt and is doing what she can to put this behind her and live a good life.

How does this disclosure and character assassination make any positive statement what-so-ever? I have known for several years that she served time in prison, so what? I have made mistakes in the past, are you going to dig those up as well if I piss you off?

Would it make you happy if she lived in 'regret' all her life and walked around with a scarlet letter on her shirt?

Have you ever done anything that you regret in life and let it burden you until your death? Was the time she spent incarcerated pleasant? Should she be required to be a pauper for the rest of her life to pay for her sins?

Our society dictates that she has paid her debt, and will continue to do so for years to come through parole and restrictions placed upon her.

How do you know that she "isn't" making monthly restitution to the courts system to the families?

This just seems like anonymous character bashing from someone in the shadows.

Why don't you do some background checks on me and see if you can dredge something up to post on-line, without telling anyone who you are. Your actions seem pretty cowardly to me.

------------------

So it has been an interesting week. Hope you all have a good weekend.

4 comments:

  1. i have to agree with you re: the middle eastern turmoil.

    The question NOW is, will these 'revolutions' be squelched, or bear fruit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm..on the criminal accusations, I think too much time on one's hands combined with too much bitterness can never be a good thing. Congrats on the ebay auctions though & have a great weekend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe regret to be a waste of time. This is probably easier to say than do be you just gotta move on and not let it cripple you otherwise it'll prevent you from moving forward. Regret is a lot like worry...a couple waste of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lotus,

    Don't let it bother you. Piss on anonymous shitheads.

    May I ask you how come you have those two Jeppesen objects? Could you explain - briefly - what to do with this? I know those Jeppesen charts for airports giving the landing/missing approach/waiting loop instructions but those slide rules I have never seen. I am not a pilot, only a dedicated flight simmer (Microsoft Flight Simulator X and X-Plane vs.9.6).

    One word about what is going on in Tunesia and Egypt: nothing will come out of this. It is just a transition between one Mafia family and the next one. Both countries have far too much people, most of them unskilled or illiterate and no industry or services. Whenever someone manages to grab the top job his family clan moves in, all of them having oversize empty pockets wxaiting impatiently to be filled pronto.

    Georg

    ReplyDelete