Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Interview Me - Part II



The Laura Interview


Laura over at I Am The Diva wants to pick my brain.....so here come my brain pickings

------------------

Okay, here's your interview!

In the movie of your life, who would play you and why?

Wow, hard to say. My first thought is Steve Buscemi, because he is off beat, no nonsense, can kick ass if needed and can get the job done...he is also fasinating to watch. My second thought would be Clint Eastwood, because when I grow old, I want to be just like him, real gritty and mean to folks (at least on screen).

If you could go back in time and have a conversation with your fifteen year old self, what kind of advice would you give?

This one made me laugh out loud, seriously. This might sound sexist, but I would primarly talk to my 15 year old self about women. It has taken me about 40 years to figure them out (their motivations, their desires, their fears, their loves, etc....) and it has been one hard road with a lot of bumps along the way. If I had known that at 15, my life would have been a lot eaiser with more happiness and fewer broken hearts.

What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you get close?

What I thought I wanted to be when I grew up isn't what I would want now. Age and experience have a way of tempering and forging a life that we could not understand as children. When I was a child, I wanted to be a railroad engineer or an archectect. Neither would have been good, although the railroad engineer still has some allure. As I have grown, I want to become an interperitor of things, through words, imagery and media. Someone that figures out how everything interconnects and interacts, not so much on a technical level, but on the human experience level. I suppose it would be something like a humane systems analyst. So how close did I come? Not even near the target.

There is a theory that you're either a Rolling Stones person or a Beatles person. Which are you and why?

Beatles, definately the Beatles. The Stones were good, but they were a bit too rebelious and angry. The Beatles were more about love and happiness and in the end, this is what I would rather listen to and emulate. At my age, 'Lady Madonna' and 'Eleanor Rigby' have much more meaning than 'Jump'in Jack Flash' or 'Sympathy for the Devil'.

If you could hang out with one person, real or fictional - alive or dead, for 24 hours, who would you pick and why?

I have often pondered this question. Einstein would be fun, and having tea and scones with Jesus Christ would be a hoot, but realistically, my father. I miss him and we would have a lot to talk about. Life is about living and what you have learned along the way. My dad lived a good life and I would want to compare notes to see how I have measured up and to tell him what I have learned since he left. The man taught me by example and never steered me wrong, I can't say that of anyone else in this life.

----------------------------------

Ok, so to continue the meme follow these instructions:

Leave a note at the bottom of you post asking your readers if they want to be interviewed by yo u. You can do it like this -

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

9 comments:

  1. Really good questions, great answers. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done, sire. you've taken my questions and given them a loving home.

    I've been told i look a little like Helen Hunt, so i suppose she could play me in the movie of my life. But i would hope that the casting director would have more creativity than that and get someone cuter with a nice ass.

    I would have told myself to take less shit from people, to be a stronger woman and stand up for myself. probably, although i might have also told myself to not beat myself up for partying or having fun... that was 5 years of guilt i could have rid myself of.

    When i grew up, i wanted to be a rock star. Not there...yet.... but i still live the dream.

    And i'm glad to hear you're a Beatles person, as am i.

    As for the Hangoutitude - i think hanging out with Hank Moody from Californiation would be pretty kick ass. We'd drink, smoke some pot, i'd get hella laid... good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted (a much younger) Richard Dreyfuss to play me in a movie, but now I gotta go with Jeff Bridges. Naturally.

    And I always thought it was a Beatles person or an Elvis person? I would be an Elvis person. But if I had to choose between the Beatles and the Stones it would be the Beatles as well. Actually, can I go option C and choose The Who?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome lotus. This Q&A gives a lot of insight into you.

    I have a question. Who do you prefer? Britney or Christina? Don't worry, I'm teasing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy:
    Takes one to know one

    Diva:
    When ever I hear Hella-Laid...(or hella-anything) I always think of the SouthPark episode where Cartman is using the prefix. You are only the second person I have ever heard use it.

    Earl:
    This gets tough, Elvis would be a possibility, but only the pre-army Elvis that kicked ass, not the comeback Elvis that was totally out of touch. As for the "Who"...I sort of catagorize that more as religious music.....along with Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon".....those songs take me to another place entirely. Songs like 'Bab O'Riley' and 'Teenage Wasteland' make me forget all the years that have slowed me down with age.

    Princess:
    Brittany could wax my car and Christina could clean my bathroom....but that would be about it. Just not that into the younger sirens.....more drama than I need in my life (and I honestly don't care for their music, un-inspriring)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that you picked your dad. Go ahead, interview me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve Buscemi made me laugh out loud. Why do I think that is fitting?

    Great questions and answers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can interview me, if you want...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great. Really great.

    Now I'm pondering.

    ReplyDelete