Monday, April 11, 2016

Cinema Cycle - Space Ghost and Dino Boy


CINEMA CYCLE
(Cardio Workout And Reviewing Movies At The Same Time)

01625.jpg
Screenshot_2016-04-11-12-46-50-1.png


DATE REVIEWED: 04/11/2016


FORMAT: Laserdisc

TIME RIDDEN / FILM LENGTH: 1 hour 41 minutes

DISTANCE RIDDEN WHILE VIEWING: 21.7 miles

TOTAL CINEMA MILES LOGGED: 4621.4 miles



SYNOPSIS: An interstellar Loan Ranger, patrols the galaxy doing good, with the help of twin brother and sister and their pet monkey. (I can’t make this up)



CONCEPT IN RELATION TO THE VIEWER:   Strange creatures bad, good space people kill bad creatures.



PROS AND CONS:  I watched this as a kid and thought it was really cool.  I watched it 40 years later as an adult and I am somewhat horrified and embarrassed.



I had to remind myself, that this was Saturday morning television fair, 30 minutes with three 7 minute stories.  So you have to pretty much sum up an entire independent story between the commercials.



Those seven minutes usually left enough time to find danger, confront danger, and defeat danger.  There wasn’t ever negotiations or empathy for the defeated.  They got what they deserved.  Chilling and empirical when viewed with today's mindset.  


To read an overview of this project, check out this status posting.  

This film is a part of my LaserDisc Collection.

Clicking on the title will take you to the Internet Movie Database (IMDB) entry for this film. 

This film was viewed while exercising on my recumbent cycle.  A summary of my time spent working out on my journey through movie-land can be found on Strava.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment