Saturday, February 2, 2013

Letter to Self - 2 (Repost)


Dear Self, Keep up the good work!

 While trails and tribulations are a constant fact of daily life, at least you are blessed with the ability to see through it all. I am always amazed at my fellow humans when they can’t see the forest for the trees. At least you don’t have that problem any more. I always assumed that other people sat in a park and petted their dog and watched the clouds slowly roll by. Experience has taught me that most don’t. They are too busy and too distracted.

 So I am glad you eventually realized that most of the stuff you have been told to want and desire in your life is really crap. The best things in life are free and there are lots of them. A walk in the woods, a good library book, warm blankets on a rainy fall evening, now that's the stuff dreams are made of. They aren't made of HDTVs and New Chevrolets.

 Good for you, for finally figuring that out. I know that living in modern society can often be like a recovering substance abuser that is constantly tempted to relapse, but I have faith that you will stay the course. I believe you know where your final destination finally lies.

Now it is just a matter of staying the course. First star to the left and straight on till morning...... Good Luck Lotus07

No comments:

Post a Comment