Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Life - Post Connectivity

From BLOGS_IMAGES


It has been about a week since my wife and I pulled the plug on the broadband wifi network that I had set up in our home. It was nice and all, but just not worth the cost for what it was providing to us.

In the wake of our ‘unconnected’ home, we have returned to the YMCA to try and get back to that healthy lifestyle that we always talk about, but seldom actually get around to doing.

One of the things that being a stud-like tech-geek offers me is the ability to find ways to use things that many other folks seem to overlook. For instance, the treadmills and exercise cycles at the YMCA are pretty much state of the art. So much so, that they actually have iPod connectors and USB connections on them to be able to program them and play media through.

I have never seen any other YMCA members utilize these options on the equipment, so I had to figure them out for myself. I am not the type of user that gets on one of these things for 5 minutes and the hops off thinking …..owwww, feel that burn. I am more of a long term cardio exerciser and what better way to spend my time ‘buffing up’ than by watching a movie or listening to an audio book while I spend upward of 1.5 hours on one of these machines.

So for your reading enjoyment, I am going to let you guys tag along on my workout / media journeys and give you a sampling of what I am listening to and watching while I excersize. This will be sort of like a continuation of my Essential Cinema blog series, but with a few added little twists. They will be short and sweet, without a lot details. Look for the first installment in a few days.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Bruce,

    Up to now, YMCA, for me, was a kind of youth hostel to pass the night cheap after having a long walk. So it is an exercising hall in your town.

    What you call a treadmill must be identical to the contraption we call here a "home cycle". I have one at home for the rainy days.
    But 1 1/2 hour is amazing. I was covered in sweat after one hour. I bow to your performance.

    The photo looks terrible: something to pilot a plane out of Star Wars.

    Georg

    ReplyDelete
  2. To choose a supplement which combines and works with the natural hormones of your body to help you reach your goal for abdominal exercise. Diet supplements should be selected which have high protein content and some amount of good fat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn, i want a treadmill like that at my gym... im lucky if the conveyer belt doesnt snap off and make me a eunich...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear "Stud-Like Tech-Geek"

    Look forward in reading your installments. I applaud your decision to "pull the plug"-- which is something I could never do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when my gym first installed the little tvs on the machines. I watched three episodes of Simpsons back to back. Exercise never felt so great!

    ReplyDelete