Wednesday, October 20, 2010

30 Days Of Correspondence


From BLOGS_IMAGES


This is a heads up for something that is coming down the pike.

I am going to be experimenting with a writing exercise during the month of November. I am going to be writing 30 letters, which will be posted on this blog. One letter a day for the month of November.

They won’t be terribly lengthy and their recipients will vary. Some will be to myself and others will be to people I know or have known in the past. Each letter will have a theme, but I won’t be posting what all the themes are until the exercise is over.

This will be a lot of writing and some of the letters will be written in advance and set to post on specific days due to holidays and weekends.

It is bound to be interesting, if not somewhat entertaining.

7 comments:

  1. Lotus,
    What an absolute marvelous idea. Looking forward in reading the posted letters.

    I actually have a theme on my blog-- for the entire month of October, everyday I have posting a different Halloween cocktail!

    P.S. I love the picture you posted for this entry. With email and texting and twittering, many of us have forgotten how lovely a hand written note can sometimes be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love handwritten notes. I recently unearthed two love letters given to me from my high school days (from two different boys). I am debating whether or not to put at least one on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you promise not to talk about your work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Princess: There is no way I can make one of each of those drinks. I'll just stick to Martinis and Merlot
    Linda: Just Do It........
    Mrs Hall: not directly, but some references might creep into a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want a letter to me, written in haiku style...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slyde: If one of the themes is send a letter to bulging bicep boy with poor connectivity, I will bump you to the top of the list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An absolute delightful idea! I look forward to reading your letters next month.

    ReplyDelete