Friday, July 10, 2009

My-MP3 [Time Tunnel]




Artist: John (Johnnie)Williams
Album: Televisions Greatest hits Vol: 2
Song: The Time Tunnel
Released: 1966

One of the perks of having an AppleTV unit is being able to browse the old television shows that are available for download from iTunes. I ran across this little gem and downloaded the first episode to see if it was still as cool as I remembered back in 1966.

In essence, it is. While the show and the acting are way out dated, this was a real stretch for television. A massive government funded experiment for time travel that goes arye, episode after episode. I am sure many of the sets were recycled for "Vogage to the Bottom of the Sea" and other Irwin Allen classics.

The theme song is actually pretty far ahead of it's time, composed by what must have been a very young John Williams, before his "Jaws" and "Star Wars" fame.

Track List:
The Three Stooges
Merrie Melodies ("Merrily We Roll Along")
The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show
Huckleberry Hound
Mighty Mouse Playhouse
Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse
The Pink Panther Show
The Road Runner Show
George of the Jungle
Jonny Quest
Spider-Man
Underdog
Looney Tunes ("The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down")
Peanuts ("Linus and Lucy")
Mister Rogers' Neighborhood ("Won't You Be My Neighbor?")
The Odd Couple
The Courtship of Eddie's Father ("My Best Friend")
The Mary Tyler Moore Show ("Love Is All Around")
Gidget
That Girl
Bewitched
Love, American Style
The Honeymooners ("You're My Greatest Love")
I Married Joan
The Monkees
The Brady Bunch
The Partridge Family ("Come On Get Happy")
My Mother the Car
Car 54, Where Are You?
It's About Time
My Favorite Martian
Jeopardy! ("Think Music")
Hogan's Heroes
Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.
The Rat Patrol
12 O'Clock High
The Time Tunnel
Voyage To the Bottom of the Sea
Seahunt
Daktari
Tarzan
The Adventures of Robin Hood
Rawhide
Bat Masterson
Maverick
Wagon Train
Have Gun – Will Travel ("The Ballad of Paladin")
The Virginian
The Rebel
Peter Gunn
Route 66
I Spy
The Avengers
The Saint
Hawaiian Eye
The Green Hornet
The Outer Limits
Dark Shadows
Ben Casey
Medical Center
NBC Mystery Movie
ABC's Wide World of Sports
The Jackie Gleason Show ("Melancholy Serenade")
The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour
Monty Python's Flying Circus

Lyrics:
None (instramental)

My - MP3 is an ongoing experiment into obscure music that you may not have heard before. Clicking on the song graphic will take you to the MP3 file of this song. Clicking the "My-MP3" title will take you to my music blog containing all the songs in the collection.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Linus and Lucy theme! I'm a huge PEANUTS fan. I hear it a lot during Christmas time in all the malls.

    I also love the theme to Bewitched. It's so sweet and bright.

    ReplyDelete