Thursday, July 17, 2008

My - MP3 (The Police)



The Police / Outlandos d'Amour / Born In The 50s

Artist: The Police
Album: Outlandos d'Amour (Outlaws of Love)
Song: Born In The 50s
Released: 1979

Track List:
01. Next to You
02. So Lonely
03. Roxanne
04. Hole in My Life
05. Peanuts
06. Can't Stand Losing You
07. Truth Hits Everybody
08. Born in the 50's
09. Be My Girl - Sally
10. Masoko Tanga

I had this album in college and to the best of my recollection, this song was not on it. It was on the "b-side" of a 45rpm they released, which is where I first heard it. Regardless, it is not a well known Police song, which is a shame. It highlights the band in their early days, when they were a bit more edgy and angry. The song is aimed at all the baby-boomers and recounts how the images that we witnessed in the 1950s shaped our lives.

Lyric:
Would they drop the bomb on us
While we made love on the beach
We were the class they couldn't teach
'Cos we knew better

My - MP3 is an ongoing experiment into obscure music that you may not have heard before. Clicking on the album will take you to the MP3 file of this song. Clicking the "My-MP3" title will take you to my music blog containing all the songs in the collection.

2 comments:

  1. i was never a big police fan, but i cannot think of them without Synchronicity just rampaging thru my thoughts like the Godzilla-sized album that it was...

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite is 06 anddd 'walking on the moon', but i think that later one is only by sting... not sure :D

    ReplyDelete