Friday, May 13, 2005

Media Insanity / The Hollywood Cocaine Diet







Hollywood Skanks Nicole Richie and Lindsay Lohan

originally uploaded by lotus_07.
Current mood: slightly stressed

I just have to get something off my chest.

A little background here. I don't watch television. I was raised on the damn thing and watched almost all the time up until about 2 or 3 years ago when it suddenly dawned on me, "This stuff is all CRAP". Reality TV, lame local news casts, national news that was nothing but a mouth peice for the corporations that own the networks and the 'cult' of celebrity that was getting down right creepy. So off it went, and the only thing that comes on the television now is the occational DVD that I burn or create.

With that said, one of the things I do to get my NEWS these days, is to browse the web for the obscure and bizarre. Looking across different sources tends to give you a better view than one persons editorial slant on an event. In my travels I have come across some excellent ones, namely; The Superficial (www.thesuperficial.com) and The Bastardly (www.bastardly.com). There are others like Drudge and Fark, but these two are hilarious. They really take aim at the personality cults that are spoon fed into the dead eyes of most of the 'children' under 30 these days.

After having not actually been fed this media hype thorugh the cathode ray tube IV, you start to really see the sickness of this country in a whole different light. It is actually pretty liberating to be able to go to the grocery store and look at all the celebrities crack whores on the magazines and realize that you don't know who any of them are and at how funny they look. Wake Up America. Live your own life and don't be seduced by the dark side of the media empires into thinking that these people are anybody you should care about or emmulate!!!

There..........now that I got that off my chest...I feel much better.

Until next time.....keep ranting.

2 comments: